§ 1 Scope
The following conditions of usage apply for the usage of this website with regard to the relationship between the user and the operator of the site (in the following: provider). The usage of the forum and the community functions is only permitted when the user accepts these conditions of usage.
§ 2 Registration, participation, membership in the community
(1) The prerequisite for the usage of the forum and the community is prior registration. The user becomes a member of the community with successful registration.
(2) There is no right to membership.
(3) The user may not hand over access to third parties for usage. The user is obligated to keep his access data secret and to protect it against access by third parties.
§ 3 Services of the provider
(1) The provider consents to the user publishing on his website in the context of these conditions of usage. The provider provides users with a discussion forum with community functions within the boundaries of his technical and economical possibilities at no charge. The provider shall endeavour to maintain the availability of his service. The provider assumes no obligation to provide services beyond this. In particular, the user has no claim to the constant availability of the service.
(2) The provider provides no guarantee of the correctness, completeness, reliability, up-to-dateness and usability of the provided content.
§ 4 Exclusion of liability
(1) Claims to compensation for damages on the part of the user are excluded when nothing else has been determined in the following. The previous exclusion of liability also applies with regard to the legal representatives and vicarious agents of the provider when the user makes claims against these.
(2) Exempted from the exclusion of liability established in Par.1 are claims to compensation for damages due to injuries to life and limb and health, as well as claims to compensation for damages arising from the violation of significant contractual obligations. Significant contractual obligations are those considered necessary to fulfil in order to achieve the goal of the contract. Also exempted from the exclusion of liability is liability for damages due to an intentional or grossly negligent violation of an obligation by the provider, his legal representatives or vicarious agents.
§ 5 Obligations of the user
(1) The user has an obligation to the provider to refrain from the publication of any contributions that offend common decency or violate any applicable laws. The user is in particular obligated to refrain from publishing any contributions
- that form the basis of a criminal or regulatory offense,
- that violate copyright, trademark or competition law,
- that violate the Legal Services Act,
- that contain insulting, racist, discriminatory or pornographic content,
- that contain advertising.
(2) In the event of a violation of the obligation from Paragraph 1, the provider is authorised to amend or delete the relevant contributions and to block the access of the user. The user is obligated to compensate the provider for damages due to the violation of the obligation.
(3) The provider has the right to delete contributions and content when these could contain a legal violation.
(4) The provider has a right to claim from the user indemnification from the claims of third parties who assert these claims due to the violation of a right by the user. The user is obligated to assist the provider in defending against such claims. The user is also obligated to bear the costs for the appropriate legal defence of the provider.
§ 6 Transfer of usage rights
(1) The copyright for the submitted contributions remains with the respective user. However, with the submission of his contribution to the forum, the user grants the provider the right to permanently maintain the contribution at its website and to make it publicly accessible. The provider has the right to relocate contributions within its website and to connect these with other content.
(2) Users have no claim on the provider to deletion or correction of the contributions they have submitted.
§ 7 Termination of membership
(1) The user may terminate his membership with a corresponding declaration addressed to the provider without the observance of a period of notice. Upon request, the provider will subsequently block access of the user.
(2) The provider is authorised to terminate the membership of a user with observance of a period of 2 weeks to the end of a month.
(3) Upon presentation of good reason, the provider is authorised to block the access of the user immediately and to terminate membership without the observance of a period of notice.
(4) Following termination of membership, the provider is authorised to block access of the user. In the event of termination of the membership, the provider is authorised but not obligated to delete the content created by the user. A claim on the part of the user for the transfer of the created content is excluded.
§ 8 Amendment or cancellation of the offer
(1) The provider is authorised to make changes to its service.
(2) The provider is authorised to terminate his service with observance of a period of notification of 2 weeks. In the event of termination of his service, the provider is authorised but not obligated to delete the content created by users.
§ 9 Choice of law
Swiss law applies to the contractual relationship between the provider and the user. Excepted from this choice of law are the mandatory consumer protection regulations of the country in which the user primarily resides.